Me, Mom, Aunt Jo, Uncle Bob, and Cousin John

Me, Mom, Aunt Jo, Uncle Bob, and Cousin John
Me, Mom, Aunt Jo, Uncle Bob, Cousin John

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Holly

The Tuesday night Songwriters Association in Norman tonight was at Michaelangelo's. I sang a song Dave wrote just for me to sing about coming out in the world after being withdrawn for so many years. We had our music loving granddaughter with us. Dave explained how I had been a caregiver to my mother, etc... anyway, I botched it up a bit, because my precious Davie was wanting me to hold her and she wanted to sing with the microphone. Later a woman came over and introduced herself as Holly. She just had to put her husband in the nursing home. He has had dementia for 5 yrs. She's going through the grief stage right now, and has just started getting out some. I'm so glad to meet others out there that are dealing with this in their families as well. She invited me to a luncheon at MacFarland Methodist Church tomorrow for Alzheimers Support group,and suggested books to read. Thank you Holly, I look forward to talking with you more.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I hope you were able to go. You need to talk with others going through the same thing. Praying for you and yours.
Cindy