Me, Mom, Aunt Jo, Uncle Bob, and Cousin John

Me, Mom, Aunt Jo, Uncle Bob, and Cousin John
Me, Mom, Aunt Jo, Uncle Bob, Cousin John

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Still Counting Blessings

After hearing a song called "Blessings" by Laura Story(if I was better at blogging I'd post it, but it IS on my FB status), I decided to try to count some more blessings.
1. I'm learning care giving, patience, perserverence, long-suffering, empathy, compassion, selflessness, unconditional love, and so much more.
2. I'm able to pay back Mom for taking care of me.
3. I'm learning that I haven't stopped learning.
4. The whole family is able to spend so much more time with Mom AND my Uncle Bob AND each other.
5. My children and grandchildren will have gotten to know their grandmother and great grandmother more than I ever was able to do. ( 4 generations in 1 home)
6. I have the priviledge to take care of my own Mom, like I did my own children (I didn't have to let someone else do it for me).
The song talks about "what if" the terrible tragedies or crisis or hurts of any kind where actually blessings we couldn't see. Keep opening my eyes, God. I'm looking real hard.

No comments: